The BIG Experience
Blacks In Government’s (BIG) Announces its Partnership with Radio-One inc..
The BIG Experience Radio Show wrapped-up August 29th and we conclude it a huge success. For the first time, BIG partnered with the Radio-One family on WOL 1450 AM, the National Capitol area's premier black talk radio station. The first show went live Wednesday, May 30, 2012, from 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m, with all subsequent shows on the same day and time immediately following the nationally known Joe Madison Show. The opening show was hosted jointly by Blacks In Government National President J. David Reeves and Region XI Council President Shirley A. Jones, Esq.
Preparation for each show required much coordination - BIG thanks to National President Reeves, Region XI Council President Jones, the Radio One family, especially Mr. Alex McCamey, who walked us through the process and made each week seamless. A very special thanks to Ms. Renaee Allen, Region XI, Chair, Marketing and Strategic Planning Committee. Ms. Allen must be credited for the BIG radio show. Her insight and vision along with the Marketing and Strategic Planning Committee made this all possible.
Tune in for live streaming
- May 30th, 2012 Kick Off Show
- June 6th, 2012 BIG History
- June 13th, 2012 Mr. Brookins, The Afro
- June 20th, 2012 Kathryn Medina , Executive Director of the Chief Human Capital Officers Council at OPM.
- June 27th, 2012 Heather Foster, Associate Director, Office of Public Engagement White House African American issues outreach team
- July 4, 2012 Michele Jones, Director of External Veterans/Military Affairs & Community Outreach OPM
- July 11, 2012 Dwight Bowman, American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) District 13 National Vice President & Lawrence Williams, AFGE Local 1534 President
- Jul 18, 2012 Scott F. Lanum, Assistant Director, Office of Diversity and Civil Rights, DHS U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s
- July 25, 2012 Janet and Gary Smith, Co-Founders of Ivy Planning Group, a 20-year-old management consulting and training company that specializes in diversity, strategy and change management.
- August 8, 2012 Karen Scott Mims, Esq., Harbour Pointe Wealth Management
- August 15, 2012 Live from the 34th National Training Conference Part I - Part II
- August 22, 2012 Michelle Crocket, Newly Elected President of Federally Employed Women (FEW)
- August 29, 2012 William A Brown SR, P.E., Hon AIA, FSAME, NOMA President, African American Federal Executive Association