Ref: Request for Calendar Year 2012 Financial Reports and Certification, and IRS Electronic Filing Requirements Form 990 (e-Postcard) – Due Date March 31, 2013.
The annual BIG Financial Report for the year ended December 31, 2012 is now due. The report is inclusive of the following documents listed below (click links). Don't have adobe reader? Click here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
1. BIG 990-1 Required Authorization for IRS Group Return (PDF Document)
2. BIG 990-2 Certification Form (PDF Document)
3. Financial Institution Information Form (PDF Document)
4. BIG 990-3 Financial Activity Report (Excel Document)
5. IRS Form 990-N (e-Postcard) Filing Confirmation (as applicable) or a copy of your our chapter’s IRS Form 990 or 990-EZ (see reference site address)
Blacks In Government
As a result of the IRS Pension Protection Act of 2006, most of our chapters/regional councils are required to file an annual electronic Form 990-N (e-Postcard) if gross receipts were below a certain threshold. Please be advised that the IRS regulation does not impact your BIG financial reporting requirements with the exception that you are now required to submit a copy of the confirmation from IRS to the BIG National Office once you have transmitted your IRS Form 990-N (also referred to as an e-Postcard).
For chapters whose gross receipts for calendar year 2012 were more than $25,000, you must file the IRS Form 900 or 990-EZ directly with the Internal Revenue Service, and provide a copy to the National Office, Attn: National Assistant Treasurer.
Questions and/or request for assistance should be directed to Ms. Norma Samuel at 301.292.2684 or email NormaSamuel3005@gmail.com or Lenora Grable-Grant at 845.938.2418 or email at Lenora.Grable.Grant@bignet.org.