Blacks In Government 2015 National Officer's Installation
The Blacks In Government National Officer's Installation will be held on February 6, 2015 at 3:00 pm at The Capitol Hilton located at 1001 16th Street NW,Washington,District of Columbia, 20036.
Please click on this link for additional
information concerning The Washington Hilton
Blacks In Government 2015 National Training Institute
Location: Orlando FL
Dates: August 24-27, 2015
Hotel: Hilton Orlando
6001 Destination Parkway
Orlando, FL 32819
GS Locality Pay Tables for Geographic Areas:
- Atlanta Sandy Springs Gainesville, GA-AL
- Boston Worcester Manchester, MA-NH-RI-ME
- Buffalo Niagara Cattaraugus, NY
- Chicago Naperville Michigan City, IL-IN-WI
- Cincinnati Middletown Wilmington, OH-KY-IN
- Cleveland Akron Elyria, OH
- Columbus Marion Chillicothe, OH
- Dallas Fort Worth, TX
- Dayton Springfield Greenville, OH
- Denver Aurora Boulder, CO
- Detroit Warren Flint, MI
- Hartford West Hartford Willimantic, CT-MA
- Houston Baytown Huntsville, TX
- Huntsville Decatur, AL
- Indianapolis Anderson Columbus, IN
- Los Angeles Long Beach Riverside, CA
- Miami Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach, FL
- Milwaukee Racine Waukesha, WI
- Minneapolis St Paul St Cloud, MN-WI
- New York Newark Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA
- Philadelphia Camden Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD
- Phoenix Mesa Scottsdale, AZ
- Pittsburgh New Castle, PA
- Portland Vancouver Hillsboro, OR-WA
- Raleigh Durham Cary, NC
- Richmond, VA
- Sacramento Arden Arcade Yuba City, CA-NV
- San Diego Carlsbad San Marcos, CA
- San Jose San Francisco Oakland, CA
- Seattle Tacoma Olympia, WA
- Washington Baltimore Northern Virginia, DC-MD-VA-WV-PA
- Rest of U.S.
Winter Issue of Title VI Civil Rights News @ FCS Released
Blacks In Government® (BIG) was established in 1975 and incorporated in 1976 by a small group of African Americans at the Public Health Services which is a part of the Department of Health, Education and Welfare in the Parklawn building in Rockville, Maryland. The organization was viewed as essential to the Black civil service employee, based on a wide assortment of racially motivated problems faced by the HEW Black employees in Rockville. Initially, it was thought that the umbrella organization would address only the problems at the Federal level. However, it was soon determined that State, County, and Municipal Black employees were faced with the same general type of employment problems.
Nonetheless, Blacks In Government was organized in 1975 and incorporated as a non-profit organization under the District of Columbia jurisdiction in 1976. BIG has been a national response to the need for African Americans in public service to organize around issues of mutual concern and use their collective strength to confront workplace and community issues. BIG's goals are to promote EQUITY in all aspects of American life, EXCELLENCE in public service, and OPPORTUNITY for all Americans.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
1. To be an advocate of equal opportunity for Blacks in government.
2. To eliminate practices of racism and racial discrimination against Blacks in government.
3. To promote professionalism among Blacks in government.
4. To develop and promote programs which will enhance ethnic pride and educational opportunities for Blacks in government.
5.To establish a mechanism for gathering and disseminating information for Blacks in government.
6. To provide a nonpartisan platform on major issues of local, regional and national significance that affect Blacks in government.
An advocate of equal opportunity and professional development for Black government employees at the Local, State and Federal government levels and others dedicated to justice for all.
Member focused, world class enterprise, recognized for excellence.
Enable all present and future Black employees in Local, State, and Federal governments to have the ability to maximize their career opportunities and provide a mechanism for inclusion, growth and advocacy.
BIG GUIDING PRINCIPLES
1. Be Accountable
2. Commit to Excellence
3. Act with Integrity
4. Take Responsibility
5. Work As A Team
6. Remain Loyal and Dedicated