Welcome to Denver!
Blacks In Government© Mile High Chapter is a registered as a 501 (c) 3 - nonprofit, nonpartisan, educational, training, and professional development organization that seeks to advocate on behalf African Americans employed in federal, state, and local governments. BIG cultivates a desire to succeed, stimulate personal development and professionalism, and continuously focuses on achieving equality of opportunity. The Mile High Chapter of Blacks In Government would like to welcome you to our website. We hope that you find the information offered to be helpful and informative. We encourage you to browse at your leisure and also feel free to try the links to Region VIII Council Regional and the BIG National website.
The Mile High Chapter functions as an employee support group, and advocacy group and resource group for minonrity servants at the federal, state, and local level. The organization functions as a nonprofit, nonpartisan group. BIG's goals are to:
1. Be an advocate of equal opportunity for Blacks in government.
2. Eliminate practices of racism and racial discrimination against Blacks in government.
3. Promote professionalism among Blacks in government.
4. Develop and promote programs which will enhance ethnic pride and educational opportunities for Blacks in government.
5. Establish a mechanism for the gathering and dissemination of information of Blacks in government.
6. Provide a nonpartisan platform on major issues of local, regional and national significance that affects Blacks in government.
Thank you for visiting the Mile High Chapter of Blacks In Government. Please contact us if there is anything that our chapter can do to assist you.
Thank You For Thinking BIG!
The purpose of the regional council is to implement the goals, policies and objectives of Blacks In Government set forth in the National Constitution.
Blacks In Government© was organized in 1975 and incorporated as a non-profit organization under the District of Columbia jurisdiction in 1976.